Community Outreach is the newest Community Project added by the Junior League of Monroe. The project is intended to provide a single day of volunteer work from a team of League members to provide local organizations the manpower to fulfill an immediate need that they otherwise would not be able to accomplish on their own.
Community Outreach 2017-2018 projects include:
- Chennault Aviation and Military Museum: assembled ornaments with veterans’ pictures to decorate 5 large Christmas trees
- Monroe Symphony Orchestra: passed out cookies and helped the kids make snowflake ornaments.
Community Outreach 2015-2016 projects include:
• Chennault Aviation and Military Museum: assembled ornaments with veterans’ pictures to decorate 5 large Christmas trees
• NELA Heart Walk: decorated, hung signs, and other small tasks
• Children’s Coalition: distributed packets, greeted students, showed them to their seats, provided goodie bags and lunch sacks for Ouachita Youth Challenge
• Our House: painted living room and two bedrooms
• Special Needs and Senior Citizen’s Day at the Fair: served coke and popcorn and assisted with rides
• Zoobilation at the Zoo: greeted visitors, assisted with craft projects, and helped increase event awareness with Instagram promotion
Please note that the above list is a sampling of our volunteer activities and projects are continually evaluated and added per community request.
Community Outreach 2014-2015 projects include:
• Habitat for Humanity Restore
• The Red Cross: distributed packets to sponsors
• The Cinderella Project: assisted with registration, dress fittings, and check-out
• Monroe Garden Club: helped weed and plant gardens at the Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo
• Ronald McDonald Big Bass Tournament
• NELA Children’s Museum’s Tour of Homes
• Ouachita Council on Aging: distributed food boxes
• Community Soup Kitchen: served the homeless
• Camp CH YO CA: painted newly renovated bathrooms for upcoming summer camps
• Monroe Metropolitan Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta: decorated for their annual fundraiser
• Run to the Battle 5K: assisted and encouraged runners, set-up, and clean-up
• Generation to Generation: partnered with the Monroe Garden Club to landscape the Ouachita Council on Aging’s flower beds
• Twin City Ballet: assisted with set-up and decorations for “Ballet Under the Stars”
• American Heart Association: partnered with the Monroe Garden Club in decorating for the “Go Red for Women Luncheon”
We are accepting applications for Community Outreach projects on an on-going basis. For additional information and our application form, please CLICK HERE.