The Junior League of Monroe is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
In order to be considered to the Junior League of Monroe, a candidate must:
- Be 23 years of age by March 23.
- Possess an interest in voluntarism.
- Possess a commitment to community service.
The deadline for the 2017-2018 Provisional Class has passed. We will begin taking applications for next year’s class in November.
The opportunity to apply for membership is November-March of each year. There will be a League Fair in January, 2017, which JLM invites you to attend and learn more about what the Junior League of Monroe is all about. There will also be information about Provisional requirements at this event.
Steps to Joining:
- Secure 2 sponsors. These can be Active and/or Sustaining Members. (If you need assistance with this, please request on your Admissions Form.)
- Attend the League Fair. This is not a requirement (unless you will need help securing sponsors for your application). We strongly encourage your attendance in order to learn more about the League, Provisional requirements and membership benefits.
- Download and complete the ADMISSIONS FORM. They will be due in March, 2017. You may send completed forms via one of the listed ways:
* Scan and email to email@example.com
* Fax to 318-322-3299
* Mail or hand deliver: 2811 Cameron Street, Monroe, LA 71201
Notification of Provisional Candidate:
JLM will contact each Candidate by letter to confirm that she meets the eligibility requirements and is invited to join the organization by the beginning of April.
If you have any other questions, please email Admissions Chair, Katherine Flowers at firstname.lastname@example.org.